Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Year's resolution

Sure, like everyone, I want to lose weight, get in shape and have a healthier and happier new year.... But here is what I sent my tennis team...


In the spirit of New Year's, I have turned over a new leaf. My 2011 resolution is to take life more seriously, focus on working harder, selling more, and not waste any of my precious time with useless banter.
 
Consequently, I will not be discussing getting "stiff". Nor will I talk about getting tennis elbow, not from tennis, but from the websites sent to me by friends during the cold winter days.
 
I will also not mention the call I received from my tennis coach (Sam) last week where he said, "Randy, come on over. I want to show you a new grip. It might help you perform better" When I got there, Sam had no tennis racquet any where and he was grinning evilly at me. Needless to say, I went home and cried myself to sleep in the fetal position that night.  
 
I will also not make any jokes about gout. I have a little gout in my big toe, and there is nothing funny about that. It gets inflamed with alcohol and red meat. Coincidentally, my doubles partner - Steve - said he got his gout from too much tube steak -- I can't seem to find that cut of meat at Publix.
 
No, the new Randy will not dare talk about anything but Fox News, Taxes and serious medical conditions in 2011. Life is too short to joke around. I mean business. I know this depresses the team, but I need to keep my resolution in tact. Tennis anyone?
 
Randy